Saturday, March 12, 2016

Sketch Saturday #403



Good morning sketch fans!  We have a fun new sketch for you along with a new sponsor...Simon Says Stamp!  Here's our sketch:


I realized that St. Patrick's Day was almost here and I had yet to make any cards!  How could that be?  I whipped out one of my favorite characters...Changito!  (I use a lot of digis and I have to say that it was fun to break out the ink and actually stamp an image!)  The image is colored with pencils and I've added some subtle glitter to the shamrocks.  I've done some simple layering and embellished the card with a row of brads...I like how the black "pops" against the green!  (When I was uploading this, I was wondering if I should have went with a white card base?  What do you think?)  Here's a close-up of the sparkle:


Image/Sentiment: Stampendous
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Signo Black Gel Pen
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select, New Leaf, and True Black CS, Lawn Fawn Patterned Paper
Embellies: Spare Parts Brads, Martha Stewart Crystal Fine Glitter
Extras: Prismas/Crayolas/Goo Gone

Please check out the rest of the Saturday Girls' creations here, along with the challenge details...play along to win a $25 voucher to Simon Says Stamp!

Challenges entered:

Craft for the Craic: Luck of the Irish St. Patrick's Day
Crafting By Designs: Monochrome
Crafty Cardmakers: Go Green
Double "D" Challenges: Feeling Green Inspiration Challenge


Incy Wincy Designs: Shades of Green
Get Creative Challenge: St. Patrick's Day
Mod Squad Challenge: It IS Easy Being Green
Simply Create Too: Use Green Only

Thank you for stopping by!

Angela

9 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

I just love how you used the sketch Angela.

Unknown said...

I love this card and love the little cutie you have used! Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too for our challenge #104 use green only
Kerri DT

Larissa said...

Cute card Angela and I still love Changito! I must look for my stamps and use them again. so thanks for the reminder.

Darlene said...

What a fun creation Angela!! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Feeling GREEN’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Maikreations said...

Such a fun image and I love the way you have combined the different papers ;o) Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers and More this time! Hope to see you again! Happy crafting,
Maike

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Love all the greens and the layout fits perfectly to the sketch. The stamped image is adorable! Thank you for joining us over at Craft for the Craic.
Lá Fhéile Pádraig Duit.
Eithne

Josephine said...

Great card.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

Crafty Mamma Mia said...

Hi Angela - this is such a fun card and I love your take on the sketch. That monkey is just toooooo cute! A perfect card for our Shades of Green challenge at Incy Wincy Designs - thanks for playing along!
Helen x (DT)

Suchi said...

This card made me giggle-so adorable! Thank u so much for joining us at Craft for the Craic! :)
Suchi - DT xx